In order to support and promote the International Book Giving Day, eBook Dynasty will give away 50 FREE Chinese ebooks on February 14, 2016, as the world celebrates Valentine's Day.
Those readers interested in participating in this international event can send an email to Melbourne, Australia-based publisher eBook Dynasty (email@example.com) to request a personalised copy of the Chinese ebook they desire. The Chinese ebooks will then be delivered to the email addresses provided by the readers.
Launched in 2012, the International Book Giving Day aims to "get books into the hands of as many children as possible", in order to increase "children’s access to and enthusiasm for books". According to the International Book Giving Day's official website, individuals worldwide can participate in this event in the following ways:
- Gifting a book to a friend or family member;
- Leave a book in a waiting room for children to read; or
- Donating a gently used book to a local library, hospital or shelter or to an organisation that distributes used books to children in need internationally.
Individuals and communities are also encouraged to charities and non-profit organisations that work hard to promote life-long learning and reading, such as Australia's Indigenous Literary Foundation and the Footpath Library.
So far, the International Book Giving Day has been celebrated by people in the following countries: Australia, Canada, South Africa, France, India, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, the Philippines, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States, Germany, Nigeria, Nicaragua, Brazil, Egypt, Poland, Greece, Portugal, Mexico, Macedonia, Malawi, Hungary, Malaysia, Israel, Denmark, Thailand, Indonesia, Jordan, China, Puerto Rico and Bulgaria. We hope that people around the world will think about the best ways to help children in need in their communities.
It is hoped that in the future, more individuals and communities across the globe can find more ways to promote reading and learning.
For those readers interested in contacting eBook Dynasty on the International Book Giving Day, please note:
- We are giving away 50 free Chinese ebooks on a first come, first serve basis, and will be processing only the first 50 emails we receive on February 14, 2016.
- In your email, please provide your name and preferred ebook format (MOBI, ePUB or PDF), so we can prepare a personalised copy of the Chinese ebook you choose.
- If you wish to gift a Chinese ebook to a family member or friend, please provide their name and email address. A personal message is optional and will be placed in the Chinese ebook's copyrights page.
- One Chinese ebook per reader, please, as we need to pay royalties to our authors for each and every Chinese ebook we give away. We also ask that all readers respect the intellectual property rights of our authors, and refrain from duplicating, reproducing or publishing their content in any way.
- For future reference, you can subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter to receive information about our other free and/or discounted Chinese ebooks.